About NAPA Auto Parts
In 1925, a group of independent auto parts sellers met in Detroit to form the National Automotive Parts Association. Their mission was simple: improve the distribution of auto parts to serve the people and businesses who increasingly relied on cars and trucks for their transportation needs.
NAPA stores and warehouses, which were owned by a variety of member companies at the time, quickly became the go-to sources for parts. Carlyle Fraser, the founder of Genuine Parts Company, served as a key NAPA contributor in its early years.
Over the years, Genuine Parts began to acquire the other NAPA member companies, and in 2012 became the last remaining member of NAPA, a brand with a reputation for quality parts, rapid availability, and knowledgeable people.